Join The Deschutes Soil and Water Conservation District (DSWCD) and OSU Extension Service for a series of workshops on improving your irrigation system and management skills in times of drought.
About this event:
The series consists of three (3) workshops combining classroom sessions with On-Farm field application.
What you will learn:
Learn to inspect and prepare your irrigation system for the season, coordinate irrigation and fertilizer applications, understand and manage soil moisture for optimal crop growth, gain knowledge on new technologies and techniques to enhance your water management skills, and much more.
Workshop Series format:
Three workshops will be offered throughout the irrigation season, each with a different set of topics building upon the previous workshop.
- Workshop 1 (passed): covered initial inspection and startup of irrigation systems along with operational and management preparedness.
- Workshop 2 (passed): covered topics such as, irrigation water scheduling, timing, moisture management, and energy use and efficiency. Classroom session is on Thursday July 21st from 6:00PM – 8:30PM. On-Farm field day is July 23rd from 9:00AM – 1:30PM.
- Workshop 3: will examine seasonal water use, management adaptation, and tips to shut down and winterize your irrigation system. Classroom session is on Thursday October 6th from 6:00PM – 8:00PM.
In-person classroom sessions:
In-person classroom sessions will be held at the Deschutes County OSU Extension Office 3800 SW Airport Way, Bldg 4. Redmond, OR 97756.
This is a FREE workshop series!!!
Registration is recommended.
Who should attend:
- Farmers and Ranchers
- Irrigation Specialists
- Field Technicians that assist irrigators
- Anyone who is interested in learning about irrigation water management